Just realized when updating the Passion Flower post that I had set a goal to create 6 representational abstract flower paintings by the end of the month. Well, that fell by the wayside for many reasons.
The first is that I got discouraged. I started with blue background and yellow daffodils. But I tried to make them look too realistic. Then I tried bigger flowers and less background. It was a mess. I painted over this canvas so many times, I finally had to carve out the flowers. And now it has become one of my favorite paintings. The colors are awesome, and the rhythm is so perfect, but photographing it has been somewhat of a failure. Still learning to use my camera.
I’m going to get back to just picking three colors, like I did with Passion Flower. Then making them work, and calling it finished! Time is money, as we all know.
The other distraction has been getting my art studio set up. It’s really great, well-lit and inspiring. So, now I’m back to work today, I promise.